Saturday, July 5, 2014

Daily check-in - 5:08 pm

Today is the third day of low carb eating.  Last night was a little rough and I almost once again did not get past of the first two days without caving in.  What saved me was the cat was begging for food and I did not have any food left for her so I opened a can of tuna and shared it with her.  For some reason, I have been very nauseated today. When I was in the Walmart, I felt faint and was sweating.  As soon as I got home, I ate a pickle to get the sodium.  I had a feeling that my sodium level was too low.  I do take a blood pressure pill that has a diuretic in it. I think I just got too dehydrated.  I started to feel better once I had eaten something with higher sodium content. 

We are going to a party tonight which at this stage I am not too happy.  I do not like to drink so much liquid (diet coke and water – real late at night as it will register as water weight tomorrow morning.  I plan on cooking dinner before we go so that I am not tempted to eat anything there. (NOTHING will be low carb)
As for my food journaling, I have not been able to track my food as closely as I like.  I did it on the first day (July 2) but the last two days have been erratic eating.   What I have been eating is all low carb though so I have been losing the water weight you lose when starting low carb.


I am posting a picture to set up what I look like at the start of this journey.  Here in this picture I weigh 232.6 lbs. I don’t have a picture of what I looked like at my heaviest (261.8).  I am currently 10 lbs. lighter than I was when I got operated on May.  My goal date is October 24; this is 6 months since I saw the doctor for my physical and to set up my operation.  I would like my loss to be 25 lbs. and hopefully the diet will improve my blood work numbers.



No comments:

Post a Comment